Law Student Supplemental Instructions
Please note, that you will need to create a website account.
(Print this page as a checklist)
Applicants must complete and submit a Bar Examination Application to the Louisiana Supreme Court Committee on Bar Admissions (LASCBA) and complete and submit a Supplemental Request for Preparation of Character Report to the National Conference of Bar Examiners (NCBE).
The application period for the February examination is September 1 to November 1. Late applications will be accepted until December 15. A $750 late fee will apply.
The application period for the July examination is December 1 to February 1. Late applications will be accepted until May 15. A $750 late fee will apply.
Pursuant to Court Rule, hard copies of the Bar Examination Application, Request for Preparation of Character Report and all required fees must be received (not postmarked) by the deadline date.
If you registered as a law student, and you are now preparing to sit for the written bar examination:
Do you accept the conditions?
- Access your account on this website. (Follow instructions if you have forgotten your user name and password).
- Submit the on-line Bar Examination Application form.
- Download and print Bar Examination Application form, Authorization and Release Form and Dean’s Certification form.
- Sign and notarize, where applicable, these forms.
- Complete the top portion of the Dean’s Certification form and mail it directly to your law school. Dean's Certificates are due 45 days prior to the commencement of the examination.
- Mail the Bar Examination Application form and notarized Authorization and Release form and $550 application fee to LASCBA:
2800 Veterans Memorial Blvd. Ste 310
Metairie, La 70002
- Late applications (received no later than December 15 for the February Bar Examination and May 15 for the July Bar Examination) must include a late fee of $750 payable to LASCBA in addition to the application fee.
- In addition to sending the completed Bar Examination Application to LASCBA, applicants shall also submit a Supplemental Request for Preparation of a Character Report to the NCBE. Follow the prompts on the LASCBA website to access the NCBE forms.
- Complete and submit the Supplemental Request for Character Report in accordance with the directions provided and fees prescribed by the NCBE. Mail the required forms and fees to the NCBE:
National Conference of Bar Examiners
302 South Bedford Street
Madison, WI 53703-3622
- Louisiana Specific Criminal Background Instructions/Forms – First Time Louisiana Bar Applicants and Law Student Supplemental Applicants must print and complete the forms associated with this link on the NCBE Character and Fitness Online Application Home Page and follow all instructions provided. Law Student Registrants are not required to submit these forms.
- LASCBA will acknowledge receipt via e-mail message.